Samson just released this press release on their latest Portable PA system. For musicians this is an ideal setup with it being lightweight and powerful. Here’s the full press release: Source: Samson Tech
Samson’s Expedition XP1000 Portable PA system is an all-in-one sound system with loads of features and tons of power that packs into a single compact design. It’s perfect for live music, DJ performances, parties, office presentations, classrooms and anywhere else you want great sound.
The XP1000 is Bluetooth®-enabled, allowing you to wirelessly stream music from your smartphone, tablet or laptop. A removable 10-channel mixer with an impressive 1000-watt (2 x 500), lightweight Class D amplifier powers the XP1000. The mixer features four Mic/Line input channels, each with XLR and 1/4-inch inputs for connecting microphones or active line-level instruments. It also includes three stereo input channels for connecting external devices like MP3 players, keyboards and more. Each channel features Bass and Treble controls, and the first two Mic/Line channels have a selectable compressor to even out levels while preventing overload and distortion. The XP1000 even has a USB Wireless port for use with Samson’s Stage XPD1 USB Digital Wireless System (sold separately). For precise control over your sound, the XP1000 provides 16 presets of high quality DSP effects, perfectly suited for vocals. For larger applications, the XP1000 provides stereo monitor outputs with level control to use the system with additional powered speakers. In addition, the mixer has a Phantom Power switch to enable the integration of condenser microphones into your PA setup.
The XP1000’s 2-way vented speakers give you a clean, powerful stereo sound. Their 10-inch low frequency drivers produce excellent low-end punch, as well as wide dispersion from a 60° x 90° degree horns. For display flexibility, these ABS, high impact plastic enclosures feature integrated 1 3/8-inch speaker stand mounts, as well as a 30° kickback design for use as floor monitors.
The Expedition XP1000 stands out as a complete portable PA system that is perfect for medium to large-sized musical, educational, business and recreational applications.
- Packs up into a single portable unit that weighs just over 50 pounds
- Bluetooth connectivity to connect wireless music sources
- Lightweight, Class D amplifier produces 1000 watts (2 x 500) of stereo power
- Dual 2-way speaker enclosures with 10-inch woofers
- 1-inch high frequency drivers
- Removable 10-channel mixer with 16 presets of 24-bit digital effects
- Bass and Treble controls on each channel
- Four Mic/Line inputs (XLR and 1/4-inch jacks) for microphone, guitars and other line level devices
- Three stereo inputs with multiple input options (1/4-inch, 1/8-inch, RCA) for connecting external devices (MP3 players, keyboards, etc.)
- USB Wireless port for use with Samson’s Stage XPD1 USB Digital Wireless System (sold separately)
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Two 1/4-inch Monitor outputs allow connections to external powered speakers
- Additional RCA output for external recorders
- Selectable compressor on two Mic/Line channels
- Music/Speech switch for optimizing output EQ for speech or music playback
- 6-segment level meter with limiter indicator
- Integrated 1 3/8-inch speaker stand mount
- 30° kickback design for using enclosures as floor monitors
- Speaker cables included
For more information on the XP1000, visit Expedition XP1000 webpage.