Another smart watch worth mentioning this year is a watch called “MetaWatch”. While we haven’t heard near the buzz on the MetaWatch as we have the Pebble, it appears the MetaWatch has some nice features and style and blends well with combining function with fashion.
More Details from the MetaWatch Press Release.
Bridging the gap between fashion and technology, MetaWatch is a smartwatch that allows users to receive updates and notifications without pulling their phone from their pocket. MetaWatch supports Android, iOS6 & iOS7 devices.
“MetaWatch brings your digital world to your wrist, allowing you to spend less time lost in your smartphone and more time connecting with those around you,“ said Bill Geiser, CEO of Meta Watch LTD. “You can stay updated without being distracted. And remain confident knowing you will always be in style”, Geiser added.
MetaWatch offers two beautiful styles in multiple colors that will be available via Best Buy. Frame is a stylish and elegant watch with leather band and polished stainless steel case. It is available in black and white and water resistant to 3ATM. The second model, STRATA is an attractive sport watch that is water resistant to 5 ATM. Both Frame and STRATA feature a high-resolution mirror-like display that maintain stunning visibility in all light conditions, even direct sunlight. STRATA is available in Stealth Black as well as four other colors. Frame in black and STRATA in Stealth Black will be available in all Best Buy stores; all styles and colors will be available on BestBuy.com. Pricing is $229 for Frame and $179 for STRATA.MetaWatch features include:
• Bluetooth 4.0 technology for 5-7 day battery life & seamless integration with iOS7.
• Subtle vibrations notify users about incoming calls, emails, text messages, upcoming appointments, tasks, reminders, and more.
• Personalized watch displays
• Music controls
• Widget technology provides simple, glanceable updates – always available without interrupting your flow. Widgets include schedule, weather, stock info, phone battery and other information.
• New NFL Live Score widget lets users follow their favorite NFL team and get updated scores throughout the game.
About Meta Watch
Meta Watch Ltd is a privately-held company focused on bringing classical fashion watch elegance to the world of high technology. The team at Meta Watch is comprised of former Fossil Group execs that have spent almost a decade mixing technology with elegant watch design and who launched their first Bluetooth connected watches in 2006. Meta Watch Ltd has offices in Dallas, Texas and Espoo, Finland.